- Closing date:
David Williamson, Chartered Certified Accountants, is a professional and friendly firm based in Blackpool. Due to the growth of the practice, we are currently hiring a Bookkeeper to join our team.
20 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Competitive salary dependent on experience
We are committed to providing excellent service coupled with expert advice to individuals, new business start-ups, and established businesses.
Our philosophy is to establish a good working relationship with our clients to ensure that they obtain the maximum profitability from their business, coupled with efficient tax planning and mitigation.
About the Role
As a Bookkeeper, you will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Sales and Purchase ledger maintenance on SAGE.
- Analysis of records and entered on to Excel spreadsheets.
- Speaking with clients both face-to-face and on the telephone.
- Reconciliation of bank and/or cash accounts.
- Journal entries on SAGE.
- VAT return preparation.
- Assisting with queries for both clients and colleagues.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when they occur.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to use your own initiative, be able to interact with others and work on a timely basis. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. You should also have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel would be desired and in SAGE is essential.
- Free on-site parking.
- Attractive holiday package.
- NEST pension scheme.
- Relaxed and friendly workplace.
How to apply for the Bookkeeper role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Manager, Legal Cashier, Financial Accountant, Payroll Administrator