Warehouse Production Operative
- £9.50 per hour
- Closing date:
This company is an international distribution company which specialises in steel pipes and tube applications. It is family owned, founded in 1924 with their head office based in the Netherlands. The company has close to a hundred branches spread globally and their employees have specialist knowledge of sourcing, processing, project management, logistics and stock planning.
Warehouse and Production Operative
Location: Middlesbrough warehouse
Rate: £9.50 per hour (39 hours)
About the job:
You will be working in the warehouse which sees the full lifecycle from raw / stock material through to processing the products on the cutting machines and other processes and finally loading shipments for customer delivery.
Your main duties will involve:
- Cutting material with attention to detail and packing to customer requirements
- Plan and co-ordinate, in conjunction with the team to ensure all customer orders are met in a timely manner
- Maintain relevant paperwork for traceability purposes
- Strive to meet Key Performance Indicators
- Carry out random quality checks
- Package all products prior to dispatch or delivery
- Packing finished/ semi-finished goods
- Loading shipments
- Processing Transfer Orders
- Fork- lift truck operating
- Using Computer SAP system to check quantities and products
Apart from a desire to learn new skills we require:
- Band Saw competence (training can be provided)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy skills
- Counterbalance Fork Truck competence (3 tonne). Training can be provided but past experience required.
- Overhead Crane competence, license required.
- Preferred knowledge of Sling/Lift equipment for vehicle loading
- Use of measuring equipment
- SAP Desirable
How to apply for the Warehouse Production Operative job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Warehouse Production Operative job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.