Forklift Truck (FLT) Counterbalance Driver
- 10.59 p/h
- Closing date:
Counterbalance Forklift Truck (FLT) Driver
Full time Mon – Fri 22:00 – 08:00
Alfreton, DE55 4QH
£10.59 p/h + uniform
Our Client is a family-owned major player in the Express Pallet Distribution sector with over 300 employees, a fleet of 172 LGVs and 160+ trailers processing up to 4000 pallets per night within their own network of ten depots.
They are now looking for a counterbalance Forklift Driver-Nights to join their team based at their Alfreton depot.
In addition to the position above we are also looking to recruit for a part time counterbalance forklift driver on the same salary, with a shift of 16:00hrs – 22:00hrs, totalling 30 hours per week.
About the FLT Driver role:
Reporting directly to the Depot General Manager/Night Manager, as a full time or part time FLT Counterbalance Driver you will be responsible for the following daily tasks:
• Unloading inbound shipments safely and moving pallets to warehouse and canopy floor.
• Efficiently stacking and storing the palletised freight in the appropriate areas and onto the correct vehicles.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Also, ensuring all pallets are labelled with the correct Mandata label, reporting any quality/quantity variances to the Traffic Supervisor.
• Efficiently move palletised freight from warehouse/canopy floor to correct outbound vehicle.
• Daily, inspect forklift trucks and, if necessary, report any defects found.
• Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area, assisting in maintaining the tidiness of the warehouse, canopy and trailers whenever required.
• Raise any H&S issues, incidents, or accidents directly to the Night Manager or Depot Manager.
About the Successful FLT Driver candidate:
They are looking for a candidate who holds all the required qualifications and skills to undertake and thrive in this role, including:
• An RTITB or equivalent counterbalance FLT certificate is an essential requirement.
• Previous counterbalance experience is essential for this fast-paced environment.
• You will be required to load and unload heavy goods vehicles.
How to apply for the Counterbalance FLT Driver role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Forklift Truck Driver job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: FLT Driver, Counterbalance, Night shift, Forklift Truck Driver, Store Person, FLT Reach Driver, Warehouse Operative.