Home Care Support Worker
- Competitive plus mileage, travel time and holidays
- Closing date:
Home Care Support Worker
Full time and part-time hours available covering:
Alnwick. Rothbury. Longframlington. Amble. Morpeth. Ashington. Newbiggin - Driving Desirable
Hexham & Ponteland-Driving Essential
Competitive Salary plus mileage, travel time and excellent benefits
Care Assistants at Age UK Northumberland make a real and positive impact to the lives of older people in the community.
Our service users have a range of care needs as well as life experiences and personalities, which make working for Age UK as a Care Support Assistant’s day varied and interesting.
If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this might be just the job for you. We provide fantastic training and ongoing support, so no experience required - just the right values and attitude
If you have previous care experience or are completely new to this sector and are a driver with access to a vehicle, we need you.
About the Home Care Support Worker role:
As a Support Worker you will work to promote service users to remain independent in their own homes.
You will deliver care in the home and other venues, provide a reliable, personal service which meets the individuals personal need and respect confidentiality at all times.
As a support worker, you will be helping the elderly with:
Personal Care: Washing, bathing, toileting, dressing medication monitoring
Domestic Tasks: Preparing and cooking meals, essential cleaning, grocery shopping, bill payments and fire maintenance.
Social Stimulation: Accompanying service users to social events, medical appointments, shopping
What we are looking for:
- It is essential that you have a current drivers’ licence with access to a vehicle
- A passion for the role
- Willingness to learn with a determination to succeed
- Excellent communication skills
- An empathetic and understanding nature as well as a good listener
- Fully flexible to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnights and weekends
What we have to offer:
- Generous hourly pay
- Monthly Pay
- Paid Shadowing
- Paid training and induction
- Uniform provided
- Company mobile phone with rota and tagging software for security (business use only)
- Ongoing Training
- Free DBS check
- Working with a team which values you and the work you do
- Company pension Scheme
- 24/7 Support
- PPE equipment supplied
- Continual Professional and Personal Development encouraged and supported
How to apply for the Home Care Support Worker role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Home Care Support Worker job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
Roles are subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and subject to DBS checks
Other skills may include: Care Worker, Support Worker, Care Assistant, Carer, Care