- Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience
- Closing date:
Could you be our next warehouse operative? Experience is not essential. There’s every chance you’ll have eaten our food, so why not share our success and come and work for us?
Salary: Competitive – Dependant on Experience
Bidfood is a leading wholesale food distributor and the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers across the UK, ranging from pubs to schools, from restaurants to care homes and everything in between. We’re looking for a Warehouse Operative to join our team. If this sounds like you, read on…
From Lands’ End to John O’Groats, whether our customers want just a teaspoon or a full range of catering supplies, we’ll supply their needs. We work as a team to provide every food option from quality ingredients to finished meals, including a number of own-brand ranges as well as all the big brands and regional specialties. We believe in our food, and we know that our people behind the scenes are so very important in our success.
We now have fantastic opportunities within our highly efficient warehouse, and as part of our team, you will fill an essential role in helping us achieve our targets by delivering the right products to our customers on time. The Depot provides Customer deliveries across all temperature bands and currently delivers 6 days per week.
Your duties will meet the operational needs within a multi-temperature chambered warehouse. These duties can range from working on inbound deliveries, replenishing stock, but mostly picking and loading food and non-food products, also checking off orders against pick/check sheets requirements.
You will be working start times between (07:00am to 16:00pm); your contractual working pattern will be any 5 out of 7 days.
Benefits include Pension, 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays); healthcare cash plan, childcare vouchers, personal accident insurance, employee discounts, free parking.
- Working on inbound deliveries.
- Replenishing stock.
- Picking and loading food and non-food products.
- Checking off orders against pick sheet requirements.
- Working in an ambient /chill/frozen environment
About the Successful Warehouse Operative Candidate:
- Ideally, you will have food warehousing and distribution, but experience is not a must.
- Picking experience is preferred, but not essential.
- You must be able to lift objects of up to 20 kg.
- A reach truck or FLT licence is not essential to this role but would be an advantage.
- You will need to be up to date and compliant with all health & safety and food hygiene legislation.
- You will be used to working to targets and will have an accurate and methodical approach to your work.
If this is you, then we look forward to hearing from you.
If you have the skills and experience required for this Warehouse Operative job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please note if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Other suitable skills and experience includes warehouse worker, operative, shelf stacker, stock replenisher, picker, packer, stock assistant, forklift driver