- £35,000-£45,000 negotiable dependent on experience
- Closing date:
Met Geo Environmental provide high-quality survey and site investigation services, offering solutions for engineering, environmental and archaeological problems. We are looking for a GIS Manager to join our team in Leeds.
Salary £35,000-£45,000 negotiable, dependent on experience
Met Consultancy Group offers an integrated Assessment, Investigation and Design service delivered by a team of more than 60 qualified surveyors and engineers. Our history goes back to 1976 and we are still working for some of our original clients.
We work nationally with public and private sector clients to provide accurate data and effective design solutions alongside assistance and advice for compliance and efficiency for any project you are undertaking.
This role is based at Met Geo Environmental, which is part of Met Consultancy Group.
As a GIS Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing our GIS department and service offering.
- Maintaining relationships with current clients (which include a major local University that is migrating to a GIS-based system) and developing new opportunities.
- Developing new business streams.
- Producing and delivering job-specific documents and briefing material.
- Overseeing data collection/interpretation/processing and reporting.
- Creating and maintaining ArcGIS Online maps and databases.
- Training and coaching of staff.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Reporting on staff progress to Operations Manager/Directors.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Forward thinking with a clear vision of how geospatial data can be used to create added value.
- Adept at using CAD and GIS systems, and bridging the gap between the two.
- Experienced building FME workflows to manipulate complex information and developing innovative and useful data integrations.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience using FME.
- Experience using CAD.
- Experience with ESRI and QGIS packages and apps.
- Project management experience.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, automate workflows, and to work efficiently.
- Line management experience.
The following experience will also be desirable
- Safe Software FME certification
- Experience of presenting at seminars or conferences.
- Business development experience.
- Full driving license.
- Holidays: Starting at 28 days per year including bank holidays and rising with service to 38 days.
- 40 hours per week
- Possibility of flexible/hybrid working to be agreed with senior management.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Child Care Voucher contributions.
- Healthcare Package.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
How to apply for the GIS Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Geographic Information Systems Officer, GIS Technician, GIS Developer, Senior Developer, GIS specialist, business market analyst, GIS professional, GIS administrator, IT technician