- From £25,000 + Benefits
- Closing date:
As a Finance Officer for our client, you will be supporting an award-winning community care team. If you hold an AAT qualification at Level 2 or above, don’t miss this opportunity to join an organisation that’s making a real difference.
Margate CT9 1LB
From £25,000 per year
Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Our client is one of Kent’s leading and largest Health and Social Care companies. With over 250 carers and support staff, they provide professional care services across East Kent.
Through strong links to the NHS and other local services, they provide temporary or permanent care services to adults who need help to retain their independence and remain in their own home.
They are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to join their friendly and supportive team in Margate.
As Finance Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Invoicing processes with Kent County Council, the NHS and private customers.
- Credit control and the debtors ledger, to ensure that invoices are chased up and paid with minimum delay.
- The purchase ledger process, ensuring that invoices are signed off by the appropriate manager in the organisation before being passed for payment.
- SAGE and the suppliers’ ledgers, ensuring timely payment of invoices, taking advantage of any credit terms where appropriate.
- The cash flow forecasting process, ensuring that bank accounts are reconciled on a weekly basis and that any outstanding queries are followed up.
- The company’s fixed assets record, and posting depreciation into the monthly management accounts.
- Prepayments, accruals and any other month-end journals, ensuring that these tie into supporting documentation.
- The production of the annual budget and entering this into SAGE each year.
You will also provide Support with other finance tasks, e.g. information needed for insurance renewals or other stakeholder information.
You will be based in Margate, working 37.5 hours per week. Due to the nature of the role, there is the need to meet fixed deadlines and so occasionally evening or weekend work may be required to meet these deadlines. Time off in Lieu is given for any time worked over the 37.5-hour period.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Level 2 AAT or other finance qualification (Level 3 AAT desirable).
- Experience of working with Sage 50 accounts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident with figures with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- General finance knowledge.
- MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Customer focused, flexible and motivated.
How to apply for the Finance Officer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Finance job based in Margate, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Accounting, Accounts Payable, Business Management, Accountant, Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Financial Administrator, ACA, Accounting Jobs Margate, Finance Roles Margate, Chartered Accountant, AAT, Accounts Administrator, Financial Controller, Financial Management.