- £9.50 - £11 per hour
- Closing date:
Are you honest and reliable? Our client is one of the UK’s leading truck bodybuilders, and they are looking for an experienced Stores Person to work in their fast-paced stores area.
£9.50 - £11.00 per hour (time and a half after 39 hours)
Our client has been manufacturing and supplying specialist / steel bodies & components to major users across the builder’s merchant, construction and utility sectors for over 40 years.
Having heavily invested in onsite capital equipment over the years, combined with a highly skilled engineering team, they are well positioned to provide a wide range of customised solutions.
As a Stores Person, your responsibilities will include:
- Checking in and inspecting goods received.
- Coordinating the unloading of heavy goods items.
- Reporting any goods damages to supplier.
- Managing stock levels and raise purchase orders.
- Ensuring parts are correctly labelled up and stored.
- Booking out parts to shop floor staff.
- Putting together kits of parts to speed up production.
- Ensuring parts are quick and easy to locate.
- Controlling and monitoring specialist tooling.
- Providing counter service for courier collections.
- General stores duties to maintain a smooth operation.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience within an automotive stores environment is preferred, but experience within any stores environment is acceptable, as full training will be given.
- Experience of a Sage system would be an advantage.
- Competent levels of IT skills (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate jobs.
- Possess a detail-oriented approach to work.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Honest, reliable, good timekeeper and willing to learn.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and on their own.
- Previous experience using a Forklift would be advantageous, but is not essential.
- 7:30-16:00hrs Mon – Thursday
- Overtime 06:30-07:30 and 16:00-17:00hrs
- 7:30-15:00hrs Friday
- Overtime 06:30-07:30 and 15:00-16:00hrs
- Overtime 06:30-10:30 Saturday Morning
How to apply for the Stores Person role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes e-commerce executive, trainee project manager, bookkeeper, marketing assistant, fashion communication assistant, planning manager, developer, stores assistant, warehouse assistant