- Closing date:
Our client is looking for a Transport Coordinator to join their fast-growing logistics company in Hernhill (10 mins from Whitstable and Faversham).
Kent, ME13 9EN
Full time (8am-5pm Mon-Fri)
£26,000 per year
Founded in 1968, our client is an established logistics company operating from a purpose-built site set in a prime location adjacent to the A299.
They are looking for a hands-on individual who will be able to oversee their work processes from start to finish.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising directly with a variety of small to large accounts, building relationships with new and existing customers.
- Planning driver’s delivery/collection routes around London and the CT postcode.
- Speaking on the phone to drivers, problem solving any issues they encounter and finding information they need in order to complete their deliveries.
- Following jobs from start to finish, from liaising with the customer and agreeing a price to ensuring the goods are successfully delivered.
- Using accounting software to invoice customers on a weekly basis.
- Dealing with other transport depots across the country.
This role would suit someone adaptable who thrives in a busy working environment.
This is a dynamic role, and there will be lots of opportunities for increased responsibility and progression.
Skills and experience required:
The successful applicant will have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, and be open and enthusiastic to learning new programs such as Vigo and Sage.
The ideal candidate should also
- Have a full UK driving license.
- Be a good communicator – not afraid to speak up.
- Have great time management skills.
- Have a good focus and attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with answering phones and speaking to new people.
- Business operations / administration experience would be desirable.
40 hours per week
9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday
How to apply for the Transport Coordinator role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes transport and logistics, transport manager, operations coordinator, coordinator, management and planning, operations coordinator, retail operations, business operations, administrator, customer operations