Creative Design Assistant
- Starting Salary £21,000
- Stoke on Trent
- Closing date:
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a junior or trainee designer to join their busy design team.
Studio Assistant / Art Worker
Competitive Salary, Dependent on Experience
Stoke on Trent, ST4
Full time, Permanent Position
Starting Salary 21,000 per annum
Our client is the UK’s leading personalised trade gift supplier. They believe in productivity, manufacturing and concept. They specialise in creativity, offering 1000’s of personalised gifts to mail order, e-commerce and independent retailers.
They are now looking for a Studio Assistant / Art Worker to join their creative team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior or trainee designer to develop their skills. You must be able to generate artwork and visuals in a variety of programs. You will be working to tight deadlines with the need for everything to be correct first time. You will set up designs in a variety of different formats of media and file types.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Undertaking all aspects of setting up designs onto products, all of which are personalised in-house.
- Generating artwork and visuals in a variety of programmes.
- Outputting designs to a variety of different formats of media and file types.
- Amending design ideas using Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Visualising finalised ideas as product mock ups in Photoshop, using supplied Photography from the in-house team.
- Configuring artwork to create live previews of personalisation using bespoke software – training will be provided.
- Design administration.
Essential Skills of the Successful Studio Assistant / Artworker:
• A thorough and proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite Packages is essential.
• Skilled in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Excellent analytical, organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
• Competent Microsoft Office user, particularly Excel.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a creative flair with an understanding of current and seasonal trends in the industry.
Work experience in a previous design role would be preferable.
- You must possess strong communication skills with a good command of English.
- You must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player and also have the ability to work independently.
- You will need to be able to learn the features and functionality of appropriate business systems, and have a keen eye for detail and accuracy in a busy and demanding environment.
There is potential for growth and career progression opportunities depending on the skills you can bring to the role.
- £800 Added attendance bonus for November and December.
- Loyalty bonus £200.
- Free parking.
How to apply for the Studio Assistant role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Designer position based in Stoke on Trent, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Junior Designer, Junior Artworker, Trainee Designer, Trainee Artworker, Adobe Technician, Design Assistant, Design Administrator, Design Manager, Designer Jobs Stoke on Trent, Artworker Roles Stoke on Trent, Studio Assistant Jobs Stoke on Trent.