- £23,500 - £25,500
- Closing date:
Our client, a historic prep school in south-east London, has a fantastic opportunity for an HR Administrator to assist and support the HR Team with the administration of personnel records and data.
Full Time, permanent position
Working hours: 8.30-4.30pm or 9.00-5.00pm (Mon-Fri) all year round
Holidays: 25 days a year plus bank holidays
Salary £23,500-£25,500, dependent on experience
Our client is an exceptional boys preparatory school with a co-educational nursery. The school provides the highest standards of education, in stunning facilities and with strong links to the very best senior schools in the country.
The school is looking for an HR Administrator to join their dedicated and supportive team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating the administration of the HR recruitment systems, including preparing
recruitment documents, organising recruitment timetables, publishing job adverts,
collating application forms and planning interview timetables.
- Ensuring that all the necessary employment checks are undertaken, including processing DBS and right-to-work checks, qualification and medical checks and references.
- Administering the probation process, ensuring that managers know when review meetings need to take place and producing letters of confirmation.
- Ensuring that instructions for payroll are prepared and communicated in time for the
monthly payroll run: for example, new starters, leavers, absence and contractual variations.
- Acting as the HR database systems administrator.
- Administrative duties in connection with personnel changes/amendments
and terminations of contracts for staff.
- Creating, maintaining and updating confidential HR records for all staff.
- Maintaining staff sickness and absence records.
The Ideal Candidate
As well as demonstrating excellent organisational skills and a close attention to detail, the outstanding candidate will possess outstanding PR skills, a proactive attitude and a willingness to pick up ad hoc duties. You should have:
- Excellent administration, customer service and organisational skills.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment.
- Experience of working within a busy HR environment, preferably in a school or
educational setting (desirable).
- Have an HR qualification (desirable).
- Problem-solving skills, including being able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- The ability to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and gather and analyse information.
- The ability to follow instructions and respond to management directions.
- An excellent level of computer literacy with programs including Microsoft Office.
- A willingness to extend skills through appropriate training.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality, the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank and public holidays.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- Free life assurance.
- Free school lunches.
- Enhanced sick pay entitlement.
- Free access to the school counsellor.
- Enhanced Maternity/adoption pay entitlement.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Professional development opportunities.
- School fee discount for children at DPL.
- School fee discount and summer camp discounts.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th November 2021
We reserve the right to appoint at any time during the recruitment process.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the DBS.
How to apply for the role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience include: HR Advisor, Recruitment Manager, HR Administrator, HR Consultant, HR Generalist, HR Officer, Payroll Manager, Recruitment Coordinator, Relations Manager