- £20493 - £22183
- Closing date:
As Admin Assistant for Devon and Somerset Fire & Rescue service, you’ll play a vital role as part of the largest non-metropolitan fire and rescue service in the UK.
Devon, EX3 0NW
1 Permanent, 2 Fixed-Term Contracts Available
£20493 - £22183
It's an exciting time to join DSFRS - Fire & Rescue Services are changing and we are no exception. Our role goes far beyond fighting fires and we are continually looking for ways to improve our effectiveness and efficiency to improve Public and Staff safety. The Service employs almost 2,000 people and has the highest number of fire stations and fire engines and appliances outside London.
As a member of the Service’s Academy Administration Team based at Exeter Airport the successful candidate will provide clerical and administration support duties to include producing documents and correspondence, producing and populating spreadsheets, updating dashboards, taking course bookings and dealing with customers.
Applicants must have excellent organisational, communication and keyboard skills (Microsoft Office software packages - Outlook, Word and Excel), be able to work to a high level of accuracy with attention to detail and be able to work effectively on their own initiative as well as a member of a busy team. The candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner and enjoy dealing with both internal and external customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Securing venue/room bookings.
- Monitoring and recording all incoming forms and presenting, as appropriate, to Course Instructor.
- Producing/recording/issuing Course Certificates.
- Updating course information on the intranet.
- Maintaining administrative and statistical records.
- Undertaking word processing, database processing and creating Excel spreadsheets.
- Processing vehicle and building defects.
- Acting as first point of contact for customer enquiries received via telephone, person-to-person, website and/or email.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
- Finance Administration (with access to input into systems such as QuickBooks , E-Series and Integra).
- Maintaining appropriate records for Audit purposes.
- Creating Journal Transfers (Cost Code transfers).
- Administration interlinked with Outside Organisations.
- To perform tasks in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety policies and legislation.
- To maintain security and confidentiality of information.
- To actively promote the Service’s Core Values and comply with Equality and Diversity and all Service policies.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven administration and time-management skills with the ability to work accurately and to deadlines with good attention to detail and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills both on the telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to organise electronic and manual information systems including proven keyboard skills.
- Proven written and numeracy skills.
- Proven experience of using Microsoft Office packages and of financial information systems e.g. QuickBooks.
- Proven experience of producing Agendas, taking and production of Minutes.
- Experience of a customer/sales orientated environment.
- NVQ Business Administration or equivalent (desirable).
- Willingness to undergo Security Disclosure/Vetting as required by the Service.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently on own initiative as well as a member of a busy team in a potentially high-pressured environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer orientated approach and a strong stakeholder ethic.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and to conform to a high standard of professional conduct.
- Clean driving licence with ability to travel to all sites within Devon and Somerset and elsewhere as required.
How to apply for the Admin Assistant role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application or provide any other supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes receptionist, reception agent, front desk executive, administrative assistant, front desk officer, information clerk, front desk attendant and office assistant secretary, administrative officer