- Up to £26,960
- Closing date:
As a Qualified Nursery Practitioner at this high-quality Nursery based in Gloucester, you will be part of a thriving, authentic childcare business that supports your development in childcare at every step.
Qualified Nursery Practitioner
2 Full Time Roles Available (Job share considered)
Full time (between 30-40 hours per week, year round)
Up to £26,960
“High quality care and education that parents trust and children enjoy.”
Established in July 2006, our client’s mission has always been the same: that they will consistently provide a care and education service that parents feel confident to trust to provide everything their child needs when they cannot be there to do so themselves.
Learning, friendship, community and respect are the core values at the heart of everything they do, to ensure they operate a thriving, authentic, sustainable childcare business for the benefit of all who attend and make their living there.
Our client is looking to recruit for two qualified Nursery Practitioner positions – Senior and Qualified.
Your role will be to help provide a fun, safe and stimulating environment for children to learn as they play, consistently maintaining high professional standards of care and education in line with the EYFS Framework. To contribute to their learning culture of continuous improvement.
You’ll need to be at level 3 or above for both roles, ideally with at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience, although a less experienced level 5 or above would be considered.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Through continual supervision, ensure the safety and welfare of all children in your care.
- Engage in interactive play with the children, encouraging their use of communication and language, creativity and support their physical exercise and play.
- Develop strong relationships with the children and their parents/guardians.
- Discuss an individual child’s progress personally with the Nursery Manager, the parents and other professionals involved with the child’s family.
- To ensure the provision of any special dietary requirements or special needs.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and evaluation of activities.
- Maintain a high standard of administrative tasks included in the care of the children and the running of the business.
- To provide guidance and support to unqualified team members, Level 2/3 qualified staff and students.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To provide any new information about yourself to the Manager of the setting that may impact on your performance or validation of your DBS check.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, the 1989 & 2004 Children Acts, the Childcare Act 2006 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- You’ll need to be flexible with hours and working scenarios.
- You’ll need to wear uniform during working hours and maintain it in good order.
- To participate in training as part of your personal and professional development.
- To maintain relevant qualifications for the position and renew any certificates as and when required such as First Aid, Food Hygiene, Child Protection etc.
- To put into practice knowledge and skills gained as a result of attending any training.
- Contributory pension (NEST).
- 20 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays for the qualified role.
- 23 days + Bank Holidays for the Senior Practitioner role.
- Fully funded internal and external training and CPD.
- Career progression opportunities.
How to apply for the Nursery Practitioner role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application or provide supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills include teaching assistant, childcare worker, play worker, teacher, early years assistant, nursery teacher, after school club assistant