Interpreter Resource Coordinator
- £18,000-£20,000 DOE
- Closing date:
Sign Solutions, established in 1998, is the leading provider of services for Deaf and hard-of-hearing people. Due to our rapidly expanding client base, we are looking for an Interpreter Resource Coordinator to work at our office in Ipsley, Redditch, or remotely from home.
Interpreter Resource Coordinator
Full time, permanent
Home working available after training
Holidays: 20-25 days per year plus Bank Holidays
Please note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Our innovative InterpretersLive! video-relay interpreting service provides a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, on demand, using a desktop computer or tablet. Deaf employees have instant access to meetings and the ability to have phone calls with hearing customers and colleagues.
Our training centre provides qualifications in BSL, and CPD for British Sign Language interpreters. Our Deaf Awareness training can be delivered onsite or via e-learning.
Working with a broad range of corporate clients in the private and public sector, as well as individual Deaf clients, the role of the Interpreter Resource Coordinator is predominantly to coordinate interpreters effectively to meet the interpretation and translation requirements of our clients. Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing, allocating and booking of in-house and freelance interpreters as per clients’ interpretation requests.
- Controlling and implementing effective diary management to ensure efficient utilisation of in-house and freelance interpreters.
- Negotiation skills
- Reporting to Agency Manager.
- Providing support and advice to new and existing clients regarding the type of interpretation required and any complementary services which may be of benefit.
- Liaising with the Finance Department as necessary.
- Ad-hoc booking administration as required.
- Effective and professional management of client account relationships.
- Effective relationship with freelance interpreters.
The Ideal Candidate
Our aim is to assist organisations to become accessible to the Deaf community under the Equalities Act 2010, and the NHS can use video interpreting to meet the requirements of the Accessible Information Standard. As the Interpreter Resource Coordinator, you should have:
- Resource coordination/scheduling/negotiation experience.
- The ability to learn and use bespoke diary-management systems.
- The ability to multi-task and handle several interpretation support requests at the same time.
- The ability to understand individual client contracted terms and pricing.
- Excellent organisational and written skills.
- The ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a growing business with a fantastic company culture. We can offer benefits Including, but not limited to:
- 20-25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Team events.
- Deaf Awareness training and other training opportunities.
- Bradford factor bonus scheme.
- Friendly and professional team.
- Free parking if working at office.
This role can be delivered remotely or by hybrid working after two weeks’ training in Birmingham, subject to satisfactory completion.
We are a disability confident employer.
How to apply for the Interpreter Resource Coordinator role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience include: Coordinator, Administrator, Admin and Office, Computer and IT, Customer Service, Management, Business Operations, Human Resources, Sales and Retail, Healthcare, Protective Services, Social Services and Non-Profit