- Salary dependant on experience
- Closing date:
G&J Peck, one of the region’s most successful farming machinery dealers, is looking for a Retail Assistant to help ensure the efficient running of their showroom by providing a timely and effective customer-focused service.
Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3NX
Full Time, Permanent
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
G&J Peck is a successful, multi-site agricultural machinery business. Established in 1846 and now employing over 130 people, we are market leaders in agricultural products and service, holding multiple franchises including JCB, Case IH, New Holland along with many other brands.
About the Retail Assistant role
Reporting to the Parts and Showroom Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the efficient running of the showroom by providing a timely and effective customer focused service.
- Deliver and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Stock control and showroom replenishment of stock onto shelves / displays.
- Placing orders with external providers by telephone / email.
- Cash handling and reconciliation.
- Merchandise display.
- Will also include other general tasks.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a similar retail role.
- Confident in communicating with both customers and colleagues.
- Customer focused and promotion of showroom stock to maximise sales
- Ability to work on own initiative with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use.
Basic working week is on a two-week cycle as follows:
- Monday to Friday - 8.00am to 5.30pm
- Monday to Wednesday - 8.00am to 5.30pm.
- Saturday - 8.00am to 5.00pm.
- Sunday - 10.00am to 4.00pm.
You will be expected to work every other weekend, and share working bank holidays with other members of the department.
- Holiday - 20 days.
- Workplace pension after qualifying period.
- Staff discount.
How to apply for the Retail Assistant role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Strictly no agencies please.
Other suitable skills and experience include: Retail, Retail Sales, Store Assistant, Retail Sales Assistant, Retail Assistant, Sales, Sales Assistant, Sales Manager, Sales Administrator