Cloud Support Engineer
- £50,000 per annum + benefits
- Closing date:
Trust Systems are looking for a Cloud Support Engineer to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, fresh and vibrant company with a great foundation and even bigger plans for the future.
Cloud Support Engineer
Cirencester, GL7 6JJ
Full Time, Permanent
£50,000 per annum + Benefits
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Trust Systems offer critical digital solutions ensuring scalable infrastructure for their market leading clients. They pride themselves on high customer satisfaction, and offer a client facing service desk to ensure a smooth running of their innovative software and WIFI based solutions. Since 2006, they have created hardware and software solutions, but recently their cloud-based solutions have taken precedence, optimising their client’s efficiency and capability to grow.
Trust are building a new cloud platform for the G-Cloud marketplace and our enterprise client base. The platform is built on Nutanix Hyperconverged infrastructure, hosted in cutting-edge datacentres and supported & maintained by a wraparound managed services agreement.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction for this new Cloud Service, alongside developing and producing scalable, robust, innovative Managed Services solutions for Trust’s growing customer base.
The primary job function is Level 3 Nutanix support, requiring knowledge of VMware and AHV, with LAN network skills including Mellanox, Cisco and firewalls such as Fortinet or Cisco ASA
You will be:
- Managing customer relationships in conjunction with delivery teams
- Working with service desk toolset to resolve issues for customers
- Ensuring the cloud platform is maintained according to service requirements
- Assisting with customer service delivery reporting
- Acting as the ‘end of the line’ for Support requests, providing L3 technical support
- Monitoring infrastructure performance
- Providing documentation, training, mentorship and guidance to junior (L1/L2) colleagues
- Working with support third parties to resolve customer issues
- Supporting TrustCloud’s IAAS customer base across a range of verticals
- Building and maintaining a well-documented infrastructure architecture for cloud solutions including Trust Private Cloud in enterprise data centres, for dedicated and multitenant client environments.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ support Nutanix platform at Level 3 or equivalent
- Knowledge of AOS, and AOS management, including configuration management including updates, performance analysis, troubleshooting, hardware break fix, software updates
- Nutanix certifications are a bonus, but not strict requirement
- Ability to create, maintain and update documentation
Elements of the below not in current experience have the potential to be developed in the role:
- Aspire to become the Service Owner for our TrustCloud offering
- Explain and support Proof of Concept/Pilot managed services to inspire confidence in clients for these transformations
- Evaluating Cloud initiatives for alignment with customer infrastructure, system architectures for hybrid cloud and transformation to cloud services
- Identify, recommend and/or implement relevant security and operational services
- Act as a deployment lead on TrustCloud projects providing a focal point for all Cloud Managed Service customer requirements.
- Work with project managers, cloud architects and suppliers to ensure the Managed Service architecture is maintained and developed as the platform grows
- Support of pre-sales activity in order to deliver requirements regarding TrustCloud Managed Service
How to apply for the Cloud Support Engineer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
Please provide details of your salary expectations with your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes Cloud Engineer, Data Architect, Computer System Resources, Nutanix, Supermicro, HP, Cisco, G-Cloud, IT, IT Support, IT Support Engineer