- £20,000 - £33,500
- Closing date:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Surveyor to join our clients’ friendly and motivated technical team.
The company is a successful and expanding supplier and installer of bespoke glazing products, and as a Surveyor you will be helping manage the company’s growth in survey requirements. You will be based at the office in Huntington and travel to company sites (mostly located throughout South-East England).
On offer is potential career progression for the right person and the use of a company vehicle for survey travel. Other benefits include enrolment into a pension scheme and a health insurance package.
Technical Surveyor Role and Responsibilities
Working alongside other surveyors and technical staff you will be visiting clients’ construction sites and homes to carry out dimensional and level surveys for installation of glazing products.
The Technical Surveyor role also includes:
- The writing up of site reports
- Production of drawings
- Communication of all necessary information to the company’s sales and installation teams
As a Technical Surveyor you will have experience of the following, but full training can be provided:
- Experience in site surveying; (preferably but not essential for doors / windows / joinery)
- Draughting skills using AutoCAD (preferably 2013 edition or later)
- A good understanding of how buildings are constructed
- A consistent and self-disciplined approach to time-keeping, presentation of drawings and written work
- Experience in being able to solve construction site-based problems
- An understanding of how glazing frames are constructed would be helpful
- A confident, pleasant and likable character
- A full driving licence
A high level of computer literacy with the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite and AutoCAD proficiently is a preferred requirement, however a technically minded individual willing to learn would also be considered.
The role will include travelling and some early starts so candidates that possess a willing and eager personality would have a distinct advantage. The role will also include working at height on scaffolding or access equipment, and the erection and climbing of ladders.