Personal Care Assistant
- £8.00 - £10 per hour* D.O.E
- Closing date:
Personal Care Assistant / Trainee Personal Care Assistant
Taunton, TA1 2ES
* £8.00 - £10 per hour dependent upon age, experience and qualifications
* £6.50 – 8.25 per hour if seeking Trainee post dependent upon age, experience and qualifications
Our client is looking for:
- an experienced Personal Care Assistant,
- a trainee Personal Care Assistant,
to provide bespoke personalised care as part of their friendly Taunton team. You will be responsible for providing personal care and light household duties to our client’s service users in their own homes.
Our client is a unique micro care agency established by its managers and service users. The agency has recently been rated as outstanding by the Care Quality Commission who described the agency as being “innovative” and “inspiring”. They specialise in the care of those who have a severe form of the neurological condition M.E.
- Experience: You must have at least 1 year’s experience of care (trainees must have some experience of care or some experience of working with people)
- Qualifications: If you do not have a Level 3 qualification you will be willing, and able, to train at this level.
- All of our client’s service users have pets so you must be used to, and like, cats and dogs.
Why should you work for our client?
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Staff helpline available during Care Assistants' working hours
- Paid travel time between service users’ homes
- The majority of service user visits are for a minimum of 2 hours at a time
- Pay scale based upon age, qualifications, experience and care role
- Range of shifts are available
Fundamental to this role and to your duty as a Care Assistant’:
- the well-being and quality of life of service users, including enabling our client to ensure that their physical, emotional and social needs are met.
- promoting our service users’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of your work
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience’:
- Naturally kind, caring and reliable with a strong commitment to service users
- Able to help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere
Personal care activities include:
- usual personal care role including enabling Service User’s to use treatment apparatus (e.g. setting up treatment apparatus)
- some domestic duties as needed (e.g. food and drink preparation, light cooking, laundry, light cleaning including cleaning up after spills),
- assisting Service User’s to look after their pets,
Our Service User well-being programme
Care roles with this company are very varied as two days are rarely the same. Our client believes that quality of life is as important as other aspects of care so each service user has a personalised well-being programme which aims to enable them to live their lives to the full whilst being treated with care and respect. All Personal Care Assistants both participate in, and enable, our client’s Service User’s Well-Being programmes by being flexible with respect to the tasks that you do. So, you might find yourself:
- helping a Service User to put away a musical instrument or reorganise their wardrobe
- watering the Service User’s vegetable plot or assisting in another activity that enables our Service Users to enter the Taunton Flower Show vegetable, fruit, craft and sewing competitions.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be non-smokers / non-vaper as all service users are chemically sensitive.
Applicants must live within 30 miles of Taunton.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply as Personal Care Assistant / Trainee Personal Care Assistant
If you wish to be considered for this Personal Care Assistant / Trainee Personal Care Assistant role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application. You MUST send both a CV and a Cover Letter. The Cover Letter will explain what interests you most about this position (it can just be 2-3 sentences long.)
(All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an Enhanced DBS check and that you are eligible to work in the UK.).
Key Words – Personal Care Assistant, Home Care, Carer