- £18,325 - £19,235 dependent on experience plus benefits
- Closing date:
Traffic Office Clerk / Administrator - Alfreton
Alfreton – DE55 4QH
£18,325 - £19,235 dependant on experience
Freightroute Limited is a family business and one of the leading privately-owned palletised transport organisations in the UK. Established in 1979 we operate across 10 sites in England and Scotland with over 420 employees and 175 vehicles.
We are looking for a Transport Clerk / Transport Administrator to join our Alfreton office. Teamwork is key to success in this fast-paced role which involves dealing with live enquiries from both drivers and customers, tracking vehicle progress and routing deliveries and collections.
About the Transport Clerk / Administrator:
You will be responsible to carry out operational admin tasks for the transport department in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring all relevant systems are up to date and complete in order to meet legislative requirements
- Ensuring customer service and performance levels are maintained to a high level by monitoring timed deliveries.
- Answering phone calls and dealing with customer’s and drivers enquires.
- You will be responsible for general admin duties, including scanning of paperwork.
- Responsible for the drivers daily debrief on their return to the depot and recording all information provided.
Transport Clerk Role Requirements
- Experience using transport planning software such as Mandata
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working within the transport industry is desirable along with a working knowledge of Transport Legislation and WTD.
- 28 days annual leave (inc bank holidays)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Further training
- Sales lead reward scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
How to apply:
Interested? If you have the skills and experience required for this Transport Clerk / Transport Administrator job, we would love to hear from you! Just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Traffic Office Clerk, Transport Clerk, Traffic Clerk, Transport, Traffic Planner, Transport Administration, Transport Office, Logistics Co-ordinator, Traffic Desk Co-ordinator