IT Support Technician
- £24,000 - £28,000 DOE
- Closing date:
IT Support Technician
£24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
IT Support technician required to join a focused team, providing support to many diverse customers across Hampshire, predominantly Southampton and Portsmouth for this flexible and expanding IT support company.
About the IT Support Technician role:
As part of the small team of engineers you’ll be working as a member of the helpdesk resolving faults that arise on a daily basis, combined with maintenance tasks and new installations of IT hardware. An example of the tasks required is listed below.
- Be involved in the day to day running of the helpdesk
- Create and resolve IT support tickets for customers
- Resolve any issues with broadband and leased lines leasing with 3rd party suppliers
- Resolve 2nd and 3rd line IT support requests
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Perform maintenance tasks for servers and workstations remotely
- Perform and manage installations at customer site
The role will include face to face IT support and installations at customer premises, and therefore you’ll need to be well presented and realise the importance that face to face social interactions have to customer relationships.
A company van will be provided for visiting customers.
You will have a minimum three years’ experience within a similar IT Support role, preferably 2nd and 3rd line and supporting SME’s
You will have demonstrated in previous roles; knowledge of Windows workstation and server operating systems, as well as supporting other Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office 365.
With a large amount of work being office based, good telephone and written communication skills are a must. The successful candidate should be confident in their ability to provide support, be dynamic and able to problem solve efficiently while maintaining confidence under pressure.
Essential experience / skills required
- Microsoft Windows 7 – 10
- Microsoft Office applications (2013, 2016, 2019)
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2013, 2016)
- Microsoft Windows Server (2016, 2019)
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Advanced router/firewall configuration
Desirable experience / skills
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Windows Server installations
- Advanced knowledge of DrayTek and WatchGuard firewalls
- Experience working with SQL servers
- MCP/MCTS qualifications
- 3rd line support
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience required for this IT Support Technician job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
Other skills may include: Support Engineer, IT, Windows Server, IT Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Service Desk, Helpdesk Support Technician