Product Quality Manager
- £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
- Closing date:
Product Quality Manager
Hook RG27 9HX
£45,000 - £55,000p/a + Health cash back scheme after 3-month probationary period + 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Working hours: 0830 - 1700
Our client is a global contract electronics manufacturer who serves world-class customers in high-reliability industries.
They are now looking for a Product Quality Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY TASKS:
- Takes the lead in promoting a right-first-time approach to product quality at STI.
- Ensures that the right level of risk assessment (FMEA, Contract Review) is carried out before undertaking the manufacture of a product.
- First point of contact with the customer in the case of non-compliance. Ensures that the appropriate resources are applied to investigation, root-cause and preventative action.
- Ensures that reports of a sufficiently professional standard are sent to the customer and provides ongoing feedback during investigations.
- Ensures that CAR responses are robust and effective.
- Ensures that product quality data is constantly fed-back to the manufacturing team, this includes in-process yields, RMA’s and near-misses.
- Reviews proposed process for product manufacture (work instructions, tooling, etc.) to ensure that product quality and repeatability is the main consideration.
- Owns the production Quality Clinic.
- Owns the FRB and similar processes.
- Sign-off of CAR and 8D responses where appropriate.
- Directly responsible for Line-Inspection
Ability to interface with customers, lead and chair meetings, committees and working groups. Ability to communicate product quality strategy at all levels. Experience of writing professional reports, procedures and process control documents. Leading staff development activity, both internally and with collaborative partners.
TEAMWORK & MOTIVATION:
Ability to motivate and influence at a range of levels from senior management to shop floor, setting goals and motivating and managing effectively to meet team objectives
OTHER ESSENTIAL CRITERIA:
- Ensure that customer quality concerns take highest priority within the company and that they are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that product specific quality features are identified before a build and ensure that the necessary instructions, controls and measures are in place to meet the customer specification.
- Ensure that product quality metrics are regularly reviewed by the appropriate teams and that corrective/preventive actions take place.
- Ensure that responses are sent back to customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Identify and participate in continuous improvement activities in areas such as process control, training, work instructions, operator awareness, tooling, etc.
- Provide a focal point for the Line Inspection team in terms of guidance, support and arbitration.
- Represent the company in quality matters. Be prepared to visit customers to discuss quality related issues.
If you would like to be considered for this Product Quality Manager job, please click ‘Apply’ You will receive an email shortly after your online application which you will need to read to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.