- £22,000 - £32,000 + benefits
- Closing date:
Poynton SK12 1NE
£22,000 - £32,000 p/a + Health cash back scheme after 3 month probationary period + 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Our client is a global contract electronics manufacturer who serves world-class customers in high-reliability industries.
They are now looking for a Planning Engineer.
- Maintain demand schedule for new and existing orders on the MRP system.
- Maintain MRP system integrity to achieve release of works orders to agreed project milestones.
- Maintain integrity of inputs to works order data packs.
- Maintain MRP integrity for their works orders and associated projects.
- Liaise with manufacturing teams to ensure any issues affecting delivery are recognised and solutions identified.
- Together with the manufacturing and operations team define and implements effective and efficient delivery strategy; including, implementation of batch size, operations cycle-time, queue time and work order management decisions.
- Responsible for personal development within the scope and context of the Operations team.
- Support the Operations Manager to improve the effectiveness of business delivery processes.
- Engage in the execution of key KPI’s to improve delivery performance.
- Contribute to, and coordinate responses to technical and manufacturing capability queries from customers.
- Maintain communication with customers and internal departments as to project progress.
- Develop best practices and tools for MRP implementation and its management
- Attend customer sites as required in support of customer relations and business development.
The ideal Planning Engineer must:
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent
- Educated to A level or Degree standard is desirable
- Proficiency in Operations systems, MRP management in the production of goods and services is desirable.
- Demonstrable understanding in Microsoft Office tools.
- Logical and possess an attention to detail together with an ability to prioritise their own tasks.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with customers and Senior Management in a confident and professional manner.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the interaction between project, logistics, and manufacturing and engineering control systems.
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude who is also strong-minded with motivational drive to overcome problems quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrable experience working within Project/Programme Management environment, ideally within the high-reliability electronics industry.
- Experience working in an engineering or manufacturing associated business is desirable.
- Able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
If you would like to be considered for this Planning Engineer job, please click ‘Apply’ You will receive an email shortly after your online application which you will need to read to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.