- £20,000 - £24,500 + Benefits
- Closing date:
Hook RG27 9HX
£20k - £24.5k p/a + Health cash back scheme after 3-month probationary period + 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays
They are now looking to hire a Technical Administrator to be the point of contact on technical issues for external manufacturing sites in Asia region, coordinating supplier activities to evaluate and resolve engineering related production issues. Responsible for ensuring technical issues do not impact mass production. Provide supporting to R&D team with specification, design and completion of assigned electronics design tasks with specific focus on acoustics and audio.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY TASKS:
- Review designs going to local manufacture to ensure suitability in terms of DFM and DFT.
- Liaise with local manufacturing sites to understand their needs, capabilities and limitations.
- Create / assist in the generation of test procedures.
- Assist in production fault finding and propose design improvements.
- Work with Project Management Team to create appropriate cost estimates, plans and schedules.
- Create / assist in the generation of product requirement specifications.
- Assist Hardware Engineering Team Leader with specifying electronics design deliverables.
- Raise exceptions to the Hardware Engineering Team Leader when encountering deviations to agreed schedules or costs.
- Support the transfer of designs from R&D to manufacturing and manage project with supplier of factory as required.
- Work closely with the mechanical engineering team to achieve required product performance.
- Create electronics schematics and layouts using internal SW to offer required product functionality from assigned tasks
- Select appropriate electronic components to support assigned design tasks
- Support firmware development as appropriate
- Liaise with global suppliers, hardware, software and manufacturing engineering teams to introduce and integrate new technology.
- Manage the supplier cost discussions and ensure supplier trading to ensure no exposure to sales margins or cash generation.
- Liaise with mechanical and industrial designers to assure efficient integration and packaging of electronics.
- Assure that created designs meets agreed internal and product regulatory standards. Eg: CE/FCC/PTCRB/GCF/FDA/UL
A good degree or equivalent in electronics engineering or related.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- DFM and DFT knowledge
- Acoustics and audio expertise.
- Analogue and digital design / PCB layout skills.
- Use of schematic capture and PCB layout software
- Experience in EMC good practice and design.
- Use of electronics simulation for thermal and EMC characterisation
- Able to plan and manage project time scales
- Team player
- Fluent in both written and verbal English
- Design and test of acoustics relating to microphones, sounders and speakers in consumer products
- Electronic design including audio in a manufacturing environment a benefit.
- Knowledge of electronics circuit design, integration and test within a project environment
- Software experience would be an advantage
You must be eligible to work in the UK.