- £30,000 - £33,500 Dependent on experience plus excellent benefits
- Closing date:
Night Operations Manager
£30,000 - £33,500 Dependent on experience plus excellent benefits
Our client is a family business and one of the leading privately-owned palletised transport organisations in the UK. Established in 1979 they operate across 10 sites in England and Scotland with over 420 employees and 175 vehicles. They offer a wide range of delivery solutions to many satisfied customers while maintaining the highest standards of safety and professional conduct.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Night Operations Manager to join their team at their Irthlingborough site.
This is a full-time role working the night shift; 22:00 – 08:00 hrs (45 hours per week)
About the Operations Manager
As an Operations Manager you will be responsible for the night truck operation and warehouse team. Your main task will be to ensure that customers’ pallets are both delivered and collected to schedule.
Your key duties will include:
- Organising your office team and fleet of vehicles to ensure performance levels are achieved.
- Ensuring the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Ensuring all relevant HS&E policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Contribute to decisions and the future of the business.
- Achieving compliance with internal company procedures.
- Lead and manage your night team.
What you’ll need:
You will have a proven track record of supervisory/management experience in a Transport or Distribution role within a fast-paced environment.
Other skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant transport legislation, including digital tachographs and Working Time Directive (WTD)
- Previous experience of transport planning / scheduling
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- National CPC is desirable, although not essential
- 28 days annual leave (inc bank holidays)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Further training
- Sales lead reward scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
How to apply for the Operations Manager role:
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Operations Manager opportunity click ‘apply’ and watch out for an email explaining the next steps to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
People who may be interested in this role include: Operations Manager, CPC Holder, Distribution Ops manager, Supervisor, Team Leader, Transport and Logistics, Depot, Transport Planner