- £50K - £58K - Depending on experience
- Closing date:
£50K - £58K - Depending on experience
Our client is a worldwide company that have been at the forefront of emergency safety shower, eye/face wash and decontamination equipment manufacturing for 50 years. Built on a solid foundation of design and engineering excellence they can provide customised industrial safety shower solutions to suit all applications, in all industry sectors and environments.
They are now looking for Operations Manager to ensure that all the parts of the order fulfilment process come together to deliver the correct quality of final product.
You will be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, willing to reward those who are driven to providing exceptional service to both internal and external customers. As well as being a key member of the team that further strengthens the foundation of their business, you will have the opportunity to add value that is felt throughout their customer base. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to immediately impact on the performance of the business and will be given exposure to the wider executive team.
Key Responsibilities for the Operations Manager role:
- Ensuring that customer orders are completed in line with quality, delivery and cost expectations, conducting all production activities in a safe manner
- Key Performance Indicators will be assigned to this position and will be expected to be entirely owned by this position
- Responsible for, but not limited to, Gross Profit, Cost of Quality and On Time Delivery
- Ensuring that a strong reputation is maintained in the marketplace
- Responsible for ensuring that final products meet strict quality standards set by industry regulation
- Providing important feedback and communication between relevant departments
- Implementing tangible lean improvements through creating a continuous improvement culture
- Continuously monitor and guide team performance, identifying development needs and providing solid coaching and mentoring support
- Comply to the companies Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and management systems at all times.
You will have a degree in engineering, operations or project management or a minimum 5 years demonstrable high-quality performance in Manufacturing Management. Experience of SAGE 200 MRP or similar MRP systems. Especially works order creation, routing review and short and long term capacity planning.
Key skills and attributes required:
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and motivational skills
- Change management skills
- Energetic and positive with the ability to energise others
- Confident decision maker that takes responsibility for their choices
- Flexible and adaptable to change with the ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT Skills with experience of using MS Office packages
- Honest, humble and hungry
This is a great time to join this growing company, they can promise you an exciting and challenging role in a dynamic and ambitious organisation.
How to apply for the Operations Manager job:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Operations Manager job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK