- £7.70 - £8.21 per hour
- Closing date:
Legal Costs Assistant / Administrator
Minimum wage + healthcare scheme + pension
Our client is aiming to be the leading multi-track costs company in England and Wales by 2020 are currently recruiting a Legal Costs Assistant to join their team and provide administration support to a team of costs drafts people and negotiators.
There is potential for further training in SQL and database management of the organisations bespoke Case Management System.
They offer flexible working and are committed to ensuring work-life balance, within a family atmosphere. Along with this, you will receive a great package including healthcare and pension schemes and a day off on your birthday!
As Legal Costs Assistant / Administrator, your role will be to co-ordinate the teams work allocation and provide direct liaison with the organisations clients and partners to ensure key dates and timescales are met. You will be supporting the Team Leader and Operations Manager through the production of key Management Information and updates on the progression of workflow.
Providing full administration support to a team of costs drafts people your main duties will include:
- Identifying, scanning and photocopying key client documentation and uploading into the case management system
- Planning and allocating instructions within the team, managing allocated work in line with client SLA’s
- Liaising with solicitors, partners, courts and court officials to ensure that key deadlines are met, and documentation exchanged to set timescales
- Analysing and summarizing internal management information to provide guidance to the Team Leader on team SLA’s and KPI’s
- Arranging couriers to collect and return client files; preparing appropriate paperwork, in line with Company guidelines
- Management of the archiving process; including archiving and retrieval of settled files and providing assistance to support adherence to the Company's Data Retention Policy
- Providing support to Regions or associated Companies within the PIC Group during periods of absence (this may require working from a regional office)
- Track Replies which need preparing and ensuring that these are completed within set timescales.
- Providing administrative support and undertaking any other reasonable duties across the company from time to time.
To be considered for this role you will have some legal knowledge gained from within a law firm and be willing to study towards ILEX qualification. You will also have:
- Maths and English GCE or equivalent
- Intermediate Experience in using Microsoft IT Packages especially word and excel
- Proven ability to communicate confidently, verbally and electronically
- Personable and ability to work as a member of a team or individually
- Proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Proven High level of attention to detail
How to apply for the Legal Costs Assistant / Administrator job:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Legal Costs Assistant / Administrator job just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Junior Costs Draftsman / Costs Assistant / Legal Assistant / Legal Administrator / Costs Paralegal