- Circa £35,000
- Closing date:
Production Manager - Machining
Our client is a leading and long-established manufacturer with markets world-wide. We are looking for a Production Manager who can manage a small team of around 12 people. You will oversee the efficient manufacture of product, with accountability for staffing, planning, cost, quality, safety and delivery.
This is predominantly a people management role and would ideally suit a technical Manager from the engineering sector, however we are equally open to hear from candidates who have exceptional people management skills in lean manufacturing environments.
You will be a people person, who can lead, inspire, motivate and gain respect from the team whilst instilling best standards of behaviours, machine disciplines and strict production procedures. This will be no ‘walk in the park’.
You will have a ‘down to earth’ approach and work closely with the shop floor staff to drive a culture of change, upholding the highest quality standards to meet customer demands.
This is a key role alongside the management team, duties will include:
- Manage people in an open, communicative and motivational style respecting the need and requirement of people, processes and customer.
- Work to and exceed KPIs for health and safety, environmental excellence and high quality, on time production output.
- Ensure your areas follow manufacturing procedures to ensure quality product
- Foster a continuous improvement culture in your area
- Carry out your team’s recruitment, performance management, training, disciplinary, absence management, appraisals, communication and engagement.
You will have a proven track record of implementing change and turnaround in a manufacturing environment. You will have a positive attitude towards problem solving and be pragmatic and tenacious with a passion for success, team work and customer satisfaction.
A good understanding of business KPIs with the ability to demonstrate technical aptitude and knowledge.
Our client has asked for confidentiality, successful candidates will be contacted by the client upon application and advised of further details.
How to apply for the Production Manager job:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Production Manager job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK