- Competitive + Benefits
- Closing date:
Our client has a reputation as a Quality focussed manufacturer of engineered components and solutions for the High Performance Automotive and Motorsport industries. To maintain their growth, they need extra resources and staff who will thrive with the challenges and opportunities ahead.
They are currently searching for a Quality Engineer to support the Quality Manager in applying the Quality Management System relating to the Business.
Responsibilities and duties of the Quality Engineer:
- To communicate and promote the importance of quality throughout the business, and the need to continually improve
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as and when non-conformances, concession requests or requests for information arise
- Understand customers quality requirements and communicate these effectively ensuring the business incorporates these Quality requirements into each job
- Prepare and submit supporting documentation required for each
- To liaise, support and advise all relevant teams within manufacturing to ensure quality standards are met in line with customers specification
- To maintain the companies 5S housekeeping and scrappage process
- Monitor the quality performance of internal departments and external suppliers, driving changes as necessary to ensure quality levels continuously improve
- Direct and support the Non-Conformance, Quality Improvements Request, Returned Merchandising Authorisation and Return to Vendor processes
- To support customer and supplier visits
- Liaise with the inspection and manufacturing departments to ensure full awareness of all current jobs and provide support on all quality issues
- Contributing to the QMS and ensuring that it remains effective
It is essential that you have experience of working in a similar role and team, with a sound understanding of Quality Management Systems, maintenance and development thereof.
- You must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills along with a confident telephone manner
- A good level of PC skills and have no concerns about using new packages
- It is essential to have good work/time management skills as you may be pulled in several directions and need to keep abreast of what’s going on around you
- Assist the Quality Manager in implementing and acting as back up for HSE role as and when required.
- Experience of APQP, the PPAP process, ISIR and FAIR reporting would also be desirable although not essential.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package along with a competitive salary, 32 days annual leave (including bank holidays), a vibrant Social Club and a positive working culture.
Based in St Neots, we are closely situated to the A1, A428 and A14.
How to apply for the Quality Engineer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Quality Engineer job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK