Health and Safety Manager
- Competitive Salary – Dependent on experience
- Closing date:
Health & Safety Manager
Our client is recruiting for a new and exciting Health & Safety Manager position, working with their existing management and delivery teams across various electrical and mechanical projects within the UK. The Health and Safety Manger would be based at the head office in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire however would also carry responsibility for the 2 regional offices based in Durham, and Dartford.
The successful candidate will be someone who can proactively promote and manage the health and safety policies throughout the business in line with our ISO:45001 Operational Health & Safety Management System.
The Health and Safety Manager will ensure that the company meets the necessary legislative obligations and drive the continuous improvement of health and safety throughout the business.
You will facilitate the ongoing development of health and safety policies and practices to make sure all staff are adhering to these standards. You will also provide advice, support and guidance at a Management level on all matters of legal compliance regarding Health and Safety Management.
Adaptability, pro-activeness and a focus on attention to detail are key to the role with client confidence very much part of the existing delivery ethos to ensure continual workstreams are maintained and new opportunities opened for future growth.
Candidates will have:
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to communicate clearly
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Qualification (or equivalent)
- Credible Experience in Health & Safety Management within the construction and engineering sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to work with, provide advice to, train, and promote excellence in Health and Safety to all staff
- Industry specific experience, for example CDM (Construction Design and Management) & environmental will be required.
- Experience of maintaining or reaching externally audited management standards such as ISO:45001 Occupational Health & Safety
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- The ability to work within a management team to provide leadership in regard to health and safety.
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture throughout the organisation
- Developing health and safety management systems including quality assurance systems and compliance with external audits
- Managing and co-ordinating audits, including liaising with external contractors
- Supporting and developing the health, safety environmental strategy
- Developing internal and external networks to allow performance to be benchmarked
- Ensuring compliance with legislation and incorporate any updates in law into the health and safety policy
- Business risk analysis and risk assessments
- Advising employees on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace.
- Investigate accidents and ensure all documentation is completed and comprehensive.
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment
- Site Inspections and Toolbox Talks
- Ensure construction accreditations such as CHAS and Construction Line are achieved and maintained.
- Carry out Health and Safety inductions and in-house training.
How to apply for this Health and Safety Manager job:
If you wish to be considered for this Health and Safety Manager role, please click “Apply” today! You will receive an email which will give you further information on the company and the opportunity to tailor your application.
Right to live and work in the UK is essential.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and seek applications from all sections of society.