- Dependent on experience - pro rata
- Closing date:
Accounts Assistant / Trainee
Our agricultural and rural consultancy business is seeking to employ a part-time accounts assistant for sales and purchase ledger input and control, payments and receipts and bank reconciliation for our consultancy, feed trading and other associated businesses as well as accounts and data inputting for farmer clients, which we intend to build up over the next 2-3 years.
About the Accounts Assistant role:
You will assist in the smooth running of the Accounts department, through understanding and performing a wide range of accounting tasks, in line with departmental procedures. Helping to ensure the integrity of the accounting information systems and consequently the completion and accuracy of management and financial data.
Duties will include:
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger including posting of invoices and preparing payment runs for approval
- Sales ledger including credit control
- Bank reconciliations for their consultancy, feed trading and other associated businesses
- Accounts and data input
This position would suit a person qualified in accountancy (AAT) and/or agricultural and rural business. However, full training will be given to the right candidate.
Other skills and attributes required:
- IT Literate
- Work autonomously as well as being a team player and have a flexible approach
- Able to prioritise workload and effective time management skill
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills
If you have a background in agriculture, then even better.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Training including IT packages
- Institute of Agricultural Secretaries membership
How to apply for the Accounts Assistant role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Accounts Assistant job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Other skills may include: - Accounts Clerk, Accountant, Accounting and Finance, Trainee Accounts Clerk, Trainee Accountant,