- £18,325 - £19,235 Dependent on Experience
- Closing date:
£19,234 dependant on experience
Initially a 12-month temporary contract covering maternity leave, with a vision of leading to a permanent position
Our client is a family business and one of the leading privately-owned palletised transport organisations in the UK. Established in 1979 they operate across 10 sites in England and Scotland with over 420 employees and 175 vehicles. They offer a wide range of delivery solutions to many satisfied customers while maintaining the highest standards of safety and professional conduct.
They are looking for a Transport Clerk to join the Bradford office, working from 10:00 – 20:00hrs with an hour lunch and a rate of £8.22 per hour. Teamwork is key to success in this fast-paced role which involves dealing with live enquiries from both drivers and customers, tracking vehicle progress and general administration duties.
As Transport Clerk your main duties will include:
- Ensuring customer service and performance levels are maintained to a high level by monitoring timed deliveries.
- Answering phone calls and dealing with customer’s and drivers enquires.
- Responsible for the drivers daily debrief on their return to the depot and recording all information provided.
Their employees are the key to their success, and each employee plays an integral part in ensuring that customer’s needs are met and exceeded with every delivery. Their foundation is based around a solid team approach which allows all their operations to run smoothly.
Transport Clerk Role Requirements
- Preferably with experience of using transport planning software such as Mandata
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- 28 days annual leave (inc bank holidays)
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Further training
- Sales lead reward scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
How to apply for the Transport Clerk role:
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Transport Clerk role, click ‘apply’ and watch out for an email explaining the next steps to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Strictly no agencies
Suitable skills and experience include: Traffic Office Clerk, Transport Clerk, Traffic Clerk, Transport Planning, Transport, Traffic Planner, Transport Administration, Transport Office, Logistics Co-ordinator, Traffic Desk Co-ordinator
Support Teaching and learning