Facilities and Administration Manager
- £25K - £30K dependent on experience
- Closing date:
FACILITIES AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Requires regular travel between all 4 office locations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facilities and Administration Manager, a challenging role where no day is the same!
Your overall responsibility will be:
To support the management of the premises and related facilities across all sites, to ensure all operations under Facilities Management are compliant and effective. To action quality and cost improvements and to deliver excellent customer service and to support the business.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure premises are cleaned to required standards.
- Ensure the buildings engineering and facilities are maintained to a high standard, maintaining documents and work schedules.
- Act as Health & Safety representative ensuring compliance records are kept.
- Ensure lifts, security, door access, alarms, gas and electric, purchase and repair of office equipment i.e. photocopiers, dictating machines, faxes, telephones, mobile phones, at competitive prices.
- Provide induction service regarding facilities for new employees.
- Responsible for water coolers, coffee machines, stocking staff and client kitchens and vending machine.
- To undertake annual appraisals.
- To attend monthly managers meeting and to prepare a written monthly report to the partners of the firm.
- Ensure the firm recycles whenever possible and make suggestions for savings, implementing when approved.
- Co-ordinate project activity for various locations. These projects include internal office moves, air conditioning installations, refurbishments, boiler upgrades, security enhancements etc.
RECEPTION AND FRONT OF HOUSE
- Manage and assist in providing a high standard of client care covering all areas of reception and switchboard work, make sure calls are answered promptly and correctly, this includes booking meeting rooms and keeping the reception area tidy.
- Manage and assist provision for catering and refreshments and clearing away after meetings and events.
- Manage and assist in purchase of uniforms.
- Carry out stock control and reordering of all stationery and printing.
- Purchase ordering – ensuring that value for money is obtained on all purchases, that no unauthorised spend is carried out and that both revenue and capital budgets are managed effectively.
- Negotiate with suppliers for ongoing services e.g. Gas and Electric.
- To oversee admin room including Royal Mail, DX, courier and internal collections and deliveries.
- To ensure files kept tidy and orderly.
- Files to be archived on our system in a thorough and timely manner and sent to Restore, offsite storage company. Liaise with Restore when requesting files are returned for queries etc.
- Ensure files are destroyed when they should be.
- Experience of management in a professional office.
- Good communicator able to empathise with staff and clients.
- Smart appearance.
- Ability to act on initiative creating opportunities for a more efficient company.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Outlook, training will be provided.
HOURS OF WORK
08:30am – 17:00pm 5 days a week.
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Facilities and Administration Manager job, we would love to hear from you! Just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
Other similar roles include: Facilities Assistant, Facilities Manager, Administration Manager, FM Administration, Facilities Co-ordinator