Depot General Manager
- £39k & Fully Expensed Company Car
- Closing date:
Depot General Manager
£39K + Fully Expensed Company Car (Insignia)
In addition, there is also the potential to earn Profit Related Bonus and an Annual Compliance Reward.
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Depot General Manager in their Bradford Depot. They are a family owned, major player in the Express Pallet Distribution sector with over 300 employees, with a fleet of 140 LGVs, 100 trailers, processing up to 3500 pallets per night within their own network of ten depots.
They are rapidly expanding and are looking for a Depot General Manager to join their team based at their Low Moor site in Bradford.
Key Skills, qualifications and experience required
- Management CPC qualified.
- You will have experience using modern vehicle tracking and planning tools such as Mandata.
- You must have previous general management experience in a fast-moving transport-based environment, with involvement in the palletised sector being advantageous.
About General Manager / Depot Manager role
Reporting directly to the Regional Operations Manager, as the Depot Manager you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our transport operation within the Yorkshire region, currently including 25 drivers and a team of office and warehouse staff.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collecting information and enforcing best practice to achieve KPI’s and maximize all resources to deliver the most cost-effective solution, setting monthly budgets and exercising budget control.
- Working with the management team to improve site performance through effective planning and people management.
- Ensuring all excellent standards are achieved regarding Operator’s license compliance, EC & UK regulations, H&S, employment law, driver’s hours and tachograph legislation.
- Through careful and effective planning, you will constantly strive to deliver excellent performance in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
- Play an integral part of delivering the planned growth of the depot.
Key Competences required
- Excellent communication.
- Possess a ‘can do’ customer centric approach.
- Competent IT skills.
- You will need to be an energetic, focused and targeted individual with a passion to succeed and a willingness to progress within the role.
How to apply:
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Depot General Manager job then we would like to hear from you.
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
People who may be interested in this role include: Depot Manager, Transport Manager, CPC Holder.