Trainee Mortgage and Protection Adviser
- £25,000-£27,000 plus pension scheme, life assurance and critical illness cover
- Closing date:
TRAINEE MORTGAGE AND PROTECTION ADVISOR
Starting January 2020
£25,000-£27,000 plus pension scheme, life assurance and critical illness cover
Based in the prestigious Heron Tower, close to Liverpool Street and Bank Stations, our client is a successful Mortgage and Financial Services brokerage, founded in 2001, employing 55 Financial Advisers and support administrators.
They are currently expanding and are seeking to appoint a Trainee Mortgage and Protection Advisor who will complement their existing team and contribute to their success. In return, they offer full training, a positive work environment, career progression and will recognise and reward excellent performance.
Successful candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and must be able to satisfy the FCA’s PFA appointment criteria. Our client operates as an Equal Opportunities employer.
- Excellent telephone and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish and develop client relationships
- Ability to identify client needs, assimilate product information and give relevant and compliant advice to clients
- IT skills (Inc. Windows, Outlook and Excel)
- High level of numeracy
- Responsive to demands of a client focused environment
- Self-starter, able to work to deadlines and without close supervision
- Willingness to learn on job and to develop within the role
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate (any discipline)
- A minimum of a B in GCSE Maths
- Ideally 6 months post-graduation work experience
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a City based Financial Services Practice in an employed position, working direct to a highly successful Partner to support him in expanding his mortgage and protection client bank and maximising sales activity.
- You will be trained in all aspects of regulated mortgage advice, protection assurance and general insurance to ensure that you are able to deliver client focused solutions and submit and issue compliant and quality business.
- After full training, you will be expected to assess client needs, identify/ source appropriate mortgage and protection products, collate information and make recommendations.
- The post holder will learn all aspects of the role by shadowing the Partner and his team of mortgage brokers/support administrators, self-study on lender criteria and technical product terms, attending external technical and sales skills development courses and through structured performance management.
- CeMap 1,2 and 3 study support will be provided.
- Self-starter with a positive and career focused outlook
- Enjoys client contact and willing to prospect referral leads
- Client service and results focused
- Quick to learn
- Excellent and disciplined work ethic
- Team player but able to work autonomously and without close supervision
- Organised, flexible and responsive to a fast-paced environment
How to apply for the Trainee Mortgage and Protection Advisor Role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Trainee Mortgage and Protection Advisor job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
No agencies please
Other skills may include: Financial Services, Equity Release, Financial Planning, Mortgage Advice, CeMAP, Data Entry, Typing, RSA, Mortgages, Life Products, Assurance