Service Manager / Deputy Manager
- £24,624 - £32,000 Depending on Experience
- Closing date:
SERVICE MANAGER / DEPUTY MANAGER
Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care
£24,624 - £32,000 Depending on Experience
Are you passionate about providing high-quality support and care to people with learning disabilities and autism? Are you looking for the next challenge? Does leading a team to use a Person-Centred approach, by constantly modelling, and promoting respect and dignity, choice in all aspects of life, community presence and participation, the right to social relationships and building competencies sound like the right fit for you? Then read on!
As Service Manager / Deputy Manager you will be working on your own initiative without direct supervision. You will lead a team to cover a 24/7 rota, including unsocial hours, weekends and sleep-in/night shifts.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Modelling the highest standards of support to people, including supporting them in maintaining their physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Taking full responsibility for the people’s well-being and rights while on shift and taking appropriate steps to ensure that best practice continues on the following shift.
- Making sure that staff are maintaining and developing all the people’s skills and enhancing a positive self-image.
- Involving the people in all aspects of running their own home through providing choice, enhancing communication and continually striving to identify and satisfy needs and preferences by empowering them.
- Ensuring the home environment is maintained to the highest standards, including carrying out and delegating normal household tasks and to ensure that staff are enabling people to be involved as much as possible in all aspects of their lives.
- Supporting people in a wide range of physical activities, within the community and on holidays.
- Provide guidance to staff of administering medication and ensuring it is in accordance with doctors’ instructions and with Salisbury Support 4 Autism Ltd. policies and procedures.
- Understanding and sharing specific techniques to support and develop the competencies and behaviours of people with autistic spectrum disorder
- Ensure the completion of accurate daily logs for the people.
- Reporting to and seeking advice from senior staff regarding any significant changes including incidents and changes in the residents’ mental/physical health.
- Ensure the completion of key worker’s monthly reports and annual reviews.
- Complete the fortnightly management report.
Legal, Compliance, Procedural Adherence
You must ensure health and safety of residents. Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures is vital as well as:
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Policy
- Whistle blowing Policy, including Equal Opportunity Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
This a role with a high level of responsibility but an even greater level of reward! You will be using your passion for care and as a role model to manage a team and ensure that rotas are fully staffed. If you are a supportive worker for both residents and for your team and have amazing patience and communication skills, then we want to hear from you!
Driving the house vehicle when required and to ensure its safety is desirable so must have a full clean driving license.
How to apply for the Service Manager / Deputy Manager job:
If you wish to be considered for this Service Manager / Deputy Manager role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills; Care Assistant, Care Worker, Support Work, Care Support Worker, Care, Home Care Assistant, Live-in Carer