Junior Legal Cashier
- £13,000-£15,000 Depending on experience
- Closing date:
JUNIOR LEGAL CASHIER
£13,000-£15,000 Depending on Experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Legal Cashier, a challenging role where no day is the same!
This is a firm which supports and assists its clients to achieve their goals with the aim that we manage the client’s journey with the firm so that at the end they become a firm ambassador and supporter of the firm, happy with the service they have received.
The successful candidate is to assist the busy Cashiers’ team in performing financial and administrative tasks for the company, accurately and efficiently, ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies and office procedure guides.
Your overall responsibility will be:
The following lists the main tasks undertaken by cashiers; the tasks are split between the team.
- Check and produce bills and print out cheques
- Client to office transfers
- Posting HMLR and HMCTS disbursements
- Taking telephone credit card payments & posting website card payments received
- Banking of cheques and posting electronic receipts paid directly into our bank accounts
- Postings to ledgers: receipts in and payments out, write offs etc
- Prepare & send electronic payments (BACS, CHAPS, Fastpay, Foreign) for online banking
- Daily ‘Client’ and ‘Office’ Bank Reconciliations
- Administer ‘designated deposit’ client bank accounts
- Administer ‘undesignated deposit’ client bank account
- The administration of Purchase Ledger, posting invoices/credit notes, payment runs
- The administration of Counsel Fees
- The preparation of the daily and weekly reports
- Cancelling and re-issuing out of date & lost cheques
- The posting of all Direct Debits and the control of the Standing Journals
- The administration of all cheques returned from the Bank unpaid
- Petty cash and expense claim forms
- Interest calculations payable to client on their balances
- Working with teams to ensure client balance are returned promptly and not retained unnecessarily
- Payment of referral fees
- Daily scanning and filing, the department has no paper filing and all paperwork is scanned and filed
- Report all errors and non compliance to COFA/Finance Director
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Intelligent with an ability to communicate clearly
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Happy to develop skills by attending in-house and external training courses
- Computer Literate - Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook skills useful. On the job training will be given in Tikit TFB Partner for Windows and Liberate/Linetime
- Maths GCSE - 9,8,7 or 6 (equivalent to old grades A*-B)
How to apply:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Apprentice Legal Cashier job, we would love to hear from you! Just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
Other similar roles include legal cashier, billing, billing accountant, apprentice, apprenticeships, junior legal cashier