- £35,000 - £40,000
- Closing date:
DESIGN ENGINEER / RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
£35,000 - £40,000
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, who are willing to reward those who are driven to providing exceptional service to both internal and external customers.
As well as being a key member of the team that further strengthens the foundation of their business, you will have the opportunity to add value that is felt throughout their customer base.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to immediately impact on the performance of the business and will be given exposure to the wider executive team.
The ideal candidate will be results driven and willing to openly challenge incumbent processes and procedures. This is a customer centric position with the ideal candidate understanding the need to serve both internal and external customers.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main duties will be to:
- Support the business need to develop new products to support a comprehensive range of existing products.
- Work alongside the product management team in a Research & Development role to develop new concepts that can be taken to market for future opportunities
- Support the Product Management team in the realisation of Value Engineering activities.
- Work with the CI team to develop robust solutions to production issues and help improve efficiencies
- Help mentor team members and provide guidance of good practices within a manufacturing environment
- When needed support the Sales Team in the development of a controlled, centralised repository of standard drawings to aid in an efficient quotation process.
- When needed support the Production Team in the creation of detailed manufacturing drawings to support the available GA drawings.
- When needed to create bills of materials (BOM) for assemblies based upon approved GA and manufacturing drawings.
- To review returned customer comments on submitted drawings and to review the impact on cost and capability when needed.
- To review Engineering Change Notes (ECNs), modifying standard drawings in line with recognised requirements.
- To assist in the creation of marketing material which may include, but not be limited to, rendered assemblies and exploded drawings.
- Help the CAD team through:
- Passing on knowledge and experience to team members.
- Process efficiency
- First time drawing accuracy
- Best practice development and continuous improvement
This role comes with a MIP (Management Incentive Plan) structure.
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline i.e BEng Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks and the SolidWorks PDM environment.
- Organised and thorough, with a methodical approach and attention to detail.
- Experience of cradle to grave project management delivering projects on time and to budget
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high variation, low volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal formats
- Experience in a Research & Development role.
- Evidence of leading process improvements in drafting and CAD data management activities.
- IT skills Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and communication skills
- Certified SolidWorks Associate/Professional/Expert
- Experience in supplying to the petrochemical industries and equipment for hazardous areas
- Understanding of Sage ERP system and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Ability to conduct FEA/Structural Analysis
How to apply for the Design Engineer / Research and Development job:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Design Engineer / Research and Development job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable Skills and Experience: Research and Development, Design Engineer, Plumbing, Showers, Product Development, Product Management, R&D, Mechanical Engineering, Engineer, Product Design, Manufacturing, Product Manufacturing, Product Research