- £9.99 per hour
- Closing date:
FLT Counterbalance (Nights)
40 hours per week – 22.00 – 07.00, £9.99 per hour
Our client is a family business and one of the leading privately-owned palletised transport organisations in the UK. Established in 1979 they operate across 10 sites in England and Scotland with over 420 employees and 175 vehicles. They offer a wide range of delivery solutions to many satisfied customers while maintaining the highest standards of safety and professional conduct.
They are rapidly expanding and require an additional Forklift Driver to join their team based at their Irthlingborough site.
Immediate start available.
About the FLT Driver role:
Reporting directly to the shift supervisor, as a Nightshift FLT Counterbalance Driver you will be responsible for the following daily tasks;
- Unloading inbound shipments safely and moving pallets to warehouse and canopy floor
- Efficiently stacking and storing the palletised freight in the appropriate areas and onto the correct vehicles
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Also, ensuring all pallets are labelled with the correct Mandata label, reporting any quality/quantity variances to the Traffic Supervisor
- Efficiently move palletised freight from warehouse/canopy floor to correct outbound vehicle
- Daily, inspect forklift trucks and, if necessary, report any defects found
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety complying with all Health and Safety legislation
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area, assisting in maintaining the tidiness of the warehouse, canopy and trailers whenever required
- Raise any H&S issues, incidents or accidents directly to the Shift Supervisor or Depot Manager
We are looking for a candidate who holds all the required qualifications and skills to undertake and thrive in this role, including;
- An RTITB or equivalent counterbalance FLT certificate is an essential requirement.
- Previous counterbalance experience is essential for this fast-paced environment
- You will be required to load and unload heavy goods vehicles
- Working from Monday – Friday nights 22:00 – 07.00 hrs
How to apply for the FLT Counterbalance Driver job
If you have the skills and experience required for this FLT Counterbalance Driver job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
People who may be interested in this role include: HGV, FLT, Nightshift, HGV Driver, LGV Driver, FLT Driver, Counterbalance, Class 1, Class 2, ADR Driver, C+E, CE, C1, HGV Drivers, Fork Lift Truck Driver