Fire Extinguisher Engineer
- £20,000 - £24,000 + Benefits
- Closing date:
FIRE EXTINGUISHER ENGINEER
£20,000 - £24,000 + Benefits
MacDonald Martin are the experts when it comes to fire, security and electrical engineering.
A well-established family run business based in Sunderland; they are now recruiting for an experienced Fire Extinguisher Engineer to join their growing team following the award of a major new contract.
The purpose of the job is to install, maintain, commission and repair firefighting equipment.
Being a member of the MacDonald Martin team involves each employee in these overall responsibilities:
- To understand and deliver our commitments to customers, employees and business partners in line with our core values.
- To treat everybody with respect and fairness.
- Prioritise strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Have a “can do” attitude.
- To take responsibility for your actions.
- To safeguard the financial wellbeing of the Company at all times.
- To play your part in the decision-making processes of the Company and enhance its performance.
- To promote the Company’s image and products at all times and to seek new opportunities for business.
- To share in the health and safety of all MacDonald Martin staff and clients.
- To maintain the highest standards of service to customers through continuously following and improving of the Company’s Quality Standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide installation, testing, preventative maintenance, and repair to fire extinguishers that are worked on in accordance with Company and British Standard requirements.
- Travel between sites on a scheduled basis and provide and maintain regular reporting of results relating to preventative, maintenance, commissioning and post installation inspections, working to a high standard and in accordance with the relevant British Standards.
- Bring any critical security issues to the attention of management.
- Identify improvement initiatives as assigned and bring to the attention of senior management.
- Provide and maintain regular reporting of results relating to preventative, maintenance, commissioning and post installation inspections. 6. Provide technical support for colleagues and prepare reports/information for Management as and when requested.
- You will also be expected to perform any other duties that match your skill set as requested by Company senior management/Directors.
- Complete relevant service and call-out paperwork for all types of work in a timely and accurate manner at the time of site attendance – this also includes your vehicle mileage sheets which should be completed on a daily basis and submitted to the Service Manager every Friday.
- Mentor apprentices and provide support for colleagues.
- Be responsible for the management and security of own equipment stock in an efficient and economical manner by determining stock levels in relation to work activities and ordering stock items as and when appropriate.
- Attend training sessions as required and identify and communicate with Line Manager any personal training and development needs.
- 4 weeks annual leave plus public holidays increasing to a maximum of 5 weeks
- Company vehicle
You must hold a full UK Driving Licence and be fully IT literate.
How to apply for the Fire Extinguisher Engineer job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Fire Extinguisher Engineer job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Fire Extinguisher Engineer, Fire Alarm Systems Maintenance Engineer, Emergency Light Maintenance Engineer, Fire Safety Co-ordinator