- £25,000 - £28,000
- Closing date:
£25,000 - £28,000
9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Regents Court, Leeds
Do you have a BSc/BA in Design or a related qualification?
Would you like to work as part of a fun workplace that believe that work should be more than just…work?
Then read on!
The role will work on a variety of products and activities, such as social media infographics, websites, advertising, magazines, posters, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, i.e. giving organisations a visual brand.
You'll work to a brief agreed with the client or account manager and will develop appropriate creative ideas and concepts for the client's objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Estimating the time required to complete a job and providing quotes for clients
- Developing design briefs that suit the client's purpose
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within time and cost constraints
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers
- A competent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop, bonus knowledge of Adobe Premier and After Effects
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print commissioning illustrators and photographers
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Demonstrate an ability to be able to take a job from brief to completion. Understand and question a brief to deliver a creative execution that fits the requirements of the client and the target audience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of agency experience (or similar)
- Experience with design software (e.g. Creative Suite)
- Experience and a love of photography and videography
- Able to interpret feedback from designers to improve
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, typography and image)
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Time Management Skills - Ability to support and control a multitude of activities and be able to handle multiple tasks and accounts, prioritise tasks and negotiate deadlines
- You have excellent communications skills and can adjust your communication style to suit all situations
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills both internally and external
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Need to be familiar with Microsoft Office, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to artwork and output professional print ready files to required specification
Sound like you? Then apply!
How to apply for the Graphic Designer job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Graphic Designer job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Graphic Designer, Computer Design, Adobe Creative Suite, Advertising, Social Media Designer