Autism Support Worker
- £16,330 - £18,418 Depending on Experience
- Closing date:
Full Time, Part Time and Bank available!
Wembley and the surrounding area
£16,330 - £18,418 Depending on Experience
Are you passionate about providing high-quality support and care to people with learning disabilities and autism?
Are you looking for the next challenge?
Does providing specialist support services for people with Autism and other related complex needs sound like the right fit for you?
Then read on!
Along with a competitive salary our client offers training and support; helping you to grow and progress on your career path!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supporting service users in maintaining their physical, social and emotional well-being.
· Understanding and using specific techniques to support and develop the abilities and management of behaviours of service user’s with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
· Maintaining and developing service user’s skills and enhancing their self-esteem.
· Supporting individuals in a wide range of activities, in the house, community and on holidays.
· Taking responsibility for petty cash and service user’s monies.
· Ensuring service users budget within their means and ensure their finances and valuables are managed effectively and safely.
· Ensuring and maintaining the health and safety of service user and staff all times.
· Being aware of emergency procedures.
· Keeping good records of communication with staff (via communication book) and other professionals (via professionals contact sheet)
· Keeping good records of daily logs, incident reports, BOC form.
· Communicating effectively with the service users (using a variety of communication methods including Makaton, PECS).
· Ability to build positive relationships with people we support and their families.
· Flexible, empathetic and resilient.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Being creative and empowering in your support practise.
· Motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can-do attitude.
· Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours.
· NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector.
· Able to work on a shift pattern, including weekends and evenings.
· A working knowledge of autism and challenging behaviour.
· Possess a full clean driver’s license.
· A minimum of 12 month’s experience working within a care home or residential setting.
This a role with a high level of responsibility but an even greater level of reward! If you are a supportive worker for both residents and for your team and have amazing patience and communication skills, then we want to hear from you!
How to apply for the Support Worker job:
If you wish to be considered for this Support Worker role click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills; Care Assistant, Care Worker, Support Work, Care Support Worker, Care, Home Care Assistant, Live-in Carer, Care Team Leader, Community Worker