- Competitive Salary
- St Albans
- Closing date:
Colney Heath, AL4
Opening Times are 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Saturday deliveries (8am – 1pm) on a job rota basis
Our client is the largest family owned independent Timber, Fencing and Builders Merchants operating in London and the South East. Established in 1921 they employ close to 450 members of staff, throughout their 17 branches.
About the Job:
You will deliver a friendly and professional service in a safe and efficient manner on and off company premises. You will play an integral part of the day to day running of the business delivering multi drops of Timber, Fencing and Building supplies.
You will be responsible for your vehicle and ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy and compliant with DVSA. You will also be responsible for complying with driving hour’s regulations, gross vehicle / legal axle weights and other related legislation.
- Drive in accordance with the law, safely and courteously
- Comply with current legislation
- Ensure safe and efficient loading and unloading
- Cultivate and maintain exceptional standards of customer service and ensure the company’s Best Practice, Standards and Company policies are met
- Build rapport, be polite and courteous to customers
- Proactively contribute by seeking out potential company sales
- Be vigilant to prevent loss or damage of product or vehicle
- Be vigilant and report any Health & Safety issues to the Line Manager immediately.
- You will have an HGV Class 2 (Category C) licence
- Digital Tachograph card and you must hold a valid DCPC of at least 28 qualifying hours
- Demonstrate a positive friendly and stable attitude
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and spoken English
- Prepared to develop a knowledge of the company its products and the elements required to be successfully employed in the business
- Ability to work under pressure, be self-motivated and adaptable
- Excellent time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to approach customers
- Someone who will promote and adhere to the company’s cultures, values and professionalism
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary
- 22 Days Annual leave (plus Public Bank Holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit (2 x basic salary)
- Employee Assisted Programme
- Income protection (subject to meeting criteria and completing 2 years’ service)
- Staff Purchase Scheme (applicable after 3 months service)
- Company Uniform
- Additional staff benefits
All members of staff have the opportunity to comprehensive training. We can offer Apprenticeships, Personal Development Programmes, BMF courses and job specific in-house training to develop your true potential.
How to apply for the HGV Driver role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this HGV Driver job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK