- Competitive Depending on Experience
- Closing date:
Are you an experienced CNC machinist?
Are you looking for a competitive salary and benefits?
Then read on!
CNC PROGRAMMER / SETTER
Derbyshire – Hope Valley area
Cambion Electronics is a leading and long-established manufacturer with markets world-wide. They are currently looking for an experienced CNC Setter / Programmer.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a small but busy team programming, setting and operating CNC machines helping the company meet production requirements. Working within the production team you will support the team and Manager in achieving financial targets of the business whilst working within the constraints of good engineering practice.
You will work at our large site in Castleton, Hope Valley, S33. The hours for the role will be 38 per week, Monday to Friday. There is a 2-shift working pattern and an early finish on Fridays.
- Produce a high-quality product by setting and performing machine operations using CNC sliding head machines (Citizen and Star) ensuring quality workmanship at all times.
- Turning of ferrous and non-ferrous materials and plastics.
- Inspect components to fine BS tolerances using specialist equipment to check the manufactured component to the technical drawing.
- Maintain and improve productivity, work in line with company procedures and machine capability to ensure production deadlines are met.
- Maintain set-up sheets and documentation as required and in line with company procedure.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy at all times by keeping machine and all associated tools and equipment in a clean and tidy manner.
- Work within a safe environment by ensuring all company procedures and Health & Safety legislation is followed at all times.
- Previous experience of setting CNC sliding head machines is required.
- The ability to create, edit and modify programs
- Fanuc and Mitsubishi controls
- Interpret and read technical engineering drawings, drafts and sketches
- Ability to operate more than one machine at a time.
- Statistical Process Control
- Motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Team player
- Individual rate of pay to match candidate expectations.
- 20% shift allowance
- Paid meal breaks
- 33 days holiday.
- Free parking
- Service and other discretionary rewards
- Social events
If this sounds like the right fit for you then apply!
How to apply for the CNC Programmer, Setter, Operator job
If you have the skills and experience required for this CNC Programmer/Setter job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills and experience include: CNC Programmer, Setter, Operator, CNC Machinist, CNC Operator, Manufacturing, Production, Press Brake Operator, Brake Press Technician, Machine Setter,