Controller / Administrator
- Competitive Dependent on Experience
- Closing date:
SERVICE CONTROLLER AND ADMINISTRATOR
We have a vacancy to join a busy and growing service department with the opportunity to develop the role.
About the role:
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the efficient running of the service department.
You will be responsible for the organisation of a team of technicians on a range of agricultural machinery and you will liaise between customers and technicians to ensure jobs are completed to time frames whilst completing administration duties.
A large part of this role will be understanding and managing customer's expectations whilst delivering excellent customer service. You will work with other internal departments in order to ensure that high levels of customer satisfaction are upheld.
You will be responsible for managing and organising out of hours callout when required and covering for the service manager in his absence. The role is subject to seasonal demands.
Other duties will include:
- Contacting customers to keep them up to date with engineers’ progress and booking in services.
- Resolving issues that arise regarding customer orders, engineering visits etc, avoiding escalation where possible.
- Assisting in raising purchase orders, quotations and checking invoices and delivery notes for incoming items.
- Processing all relevant information to create and invoice to the end user using IT based systems and technology.
- Creating and running reports using Dealer management systems and Excel.
- Sharing the responsibility for answering incoming calls and ensuring they are directed to the relevant department.
- Providing cover for the JCB warranty administrator when they are on annual leave.
You will have previous experience either in engineering, supervising, service controller or administration roles. Knowledge of the agricultural industry would be an advantage.
You must also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of IT, confident using Microsoft office programmes to include, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and to use Customer management systems (IBCOS Gold knowledge would be an advantage).
- Able to deal with confidential material with the relevant discretion.
- Multitask and work in a busy environment.
- Adapt to changing workload and be flexible to suit department needs.
- Self-motivated working within a team.
- Great attention to detail.
- Confident to communicate and deal with Customers, Manufacturers and staff in a professional manner face to face, on the telephone, via emails or letters.
- 8 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday (with additional hours to suit the running of the department including Saturdays and seasonal demands) Salary based
- 20 Days pro-rata annual Leave
- Company Mobile phone
- Workplace pension
- Staff discount
How to apply for the Service Controller and Administrator job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Service Controller and Administrator job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Administration Assistant, Administration Clerk, Administration Manager, Administration Part Time, Administration Support, Administrator, Service Controller, Engineer, Manager, Automotive controller, Warranty administration