- A starting salary of £24-32k, depending on experience and qualifications
- Closing date:
Growing company with high quality products. Interesting and varied work opportunity.
WINDOW AND DOOR SERVICE ENGINEER
A starting salary of £24-32k, depending on experience and qualifications
We supply high performance timber and aluminium-clad timber windows and doors to retail customers, self-builders, re-sellers, and eco-minded developers. Most products are triple glazed, some Passive House certified.
Established for nine years, the company is growing rapidly and is already widely known as a leading brand supplier in this marketplace.
Our customers are typically building or renovating very high specification properties and demand products of the highest quality along with meticulous service and attention to detail.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a skilled window engineer/installer to join our company based in Poole, Dorset. You will never be bored in this job! The role “Customer Service Engineer” is varied and will involve visits to client installations to diagnose problems in high quality composite timber and aluminium window and doors, often triple glazed.
The role involves fixing or resolving the problems immediately wherever possible, identifying problems, writing reports, specifying remedial actions and components that need replaced or repaired and then returning to carry out the work. From time to time you may also be involved in new installation and fitting. In all cases you will ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and that customers are completely happy with the finished results.
You will be an experienced joiner/window fitter with a real technical understanding of different window and door types and their mechanisms especially composite aluminium clad timber windows.
You will be:
- Well organised with a “can-do” attitude and a keen eye for detail.
- Possessing excellent customer communication skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile to produce a great result and achieve customer satisfaction.
The role will require travel to customer sites (company vehicle supplied), mainly in the southern half of the UK, staying away one or two nights a week. Our prime interest is in someone who has good problem-solving skills and a high level of technical joinery proficiency. Detailed product training will be given to the suitable candidate.
- Full knowledge and experience of the removal, fitting and adjustment all types of windows and doors.
- An industry related qualification, although further training can be provided for the successful candidates.
- Hold a valid Blue (skilled Worker) CSCS card
- Be over 25 years of age and hold a full, clean UK driving licence for at least three years
- Being within commutable distance of our office in Poole would be an advantage, but is not a requirement
Interested in this Window and Door Service Engineer job?
Click “apply” for your new career!
Watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Window Fitter, Blue CSCS Card, Customer Facing, Customer Service, Construction, Window and Door Service Engineer, Window and Door Installation, Fitter