- £20,000 - £27,000 Depending on Experience
- Closing date:
Our client is the leading UK tax service for seafarers, and because they specialize in dealing only with income tax problems in this sector, they believe they can offer a first-class service based on their knowledge and experience. They have worked closely with the H M Revenue & Customs since 1979 to ensure that their clients do not fall foul of the complex rules surrounding the Seafarers Earnings Deduction.
The successful candidate will be diligent, trustworthy and have experience of completing self-assessment tax returns.
Working within a small team your key responsibilities will be:
- Communicating and liaising (verbally and in writing) with clients/enquirers and colleagues
- Managing, organising, and updating relevant data using database applications
- Maintaining a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents
- Adhering to proper accounting standards and AML legislation
- Advising and completing on all H M Revenue & Customs forms which will include Self-Assessment
Duties will or may include
- Dealing with client queries
- Answering phone calls
- Liaise with HMRC on client’s behalf
- Email management
- AML checks for new clients
- Able to meet deadlines
You will have experience of completing & submitting self-assessment tax returns with good bookkeeping skills. You must also be:
- Competent user of Excel, word, outlook.
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- A strong work ethic and ability to work alone using own initiative
- If you have Ex-HMRC experience this will be an advantage but not essential
- Driving licence and own vehicle
Remuneration and Benefits
- Job Type – Full-time, permanent
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- 21 days plus bank Holidays Paid Annual Leave
Interested in this Marine Tax Advisor job?
Just click “apply” today and check your email explaining how to complete your application and be considered for the role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK