- £20,000 - £24,000
- Closing date:
Excellent homeworking opportunity for an Experienced Probate Paralegal to take on existing case load for maternity cover with the potential for permanent employment.
Experienced Probate Paralegal
Salary between £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Our client was established in 2010 with the sole purpose of helping people to protect their family, their wealth and their assets. Since then, they have grown rapidly to become one of the UK’s largest Legal Services firms. With a team of over 90 head office employees and a national network of over 250 consultants, they have helped more than tens of thousands of UK families to protect the people they love and the things they have worked hard for.
About the job
They now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced probate paralegal to join their growing probate team, initially to cover a period of maternity leave.
The successful candidate would take over an existing caseload to provide continuity and provide a resource for new cases being taken on. You will need the confidence and ability to manage a caseload autonomously with minimal supervision whilst aiming to exceed all identified Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s).
This will be a working from home role with all necessary equipment provided.
Some of the responsibilities will include;
- Accurately record all time within the accounting software and keeping Clients informed of progression on matters.
- Uploading correspondence and communications to case management systems and keeping them updated for audit purposes.
- Writing out to all assets and liability organisations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Taking inbound calls for the probate department and actioning as appropriate.
- Researching cases and legal information.
- Opening and running checks on files, supporting clients through the transactions and dealing with post completion matters.
- Raising all invoices for your matters in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completing all IHT forms efficiently and accurately.
- Maintaining accounting software in preparation for audit.
- Checking that data protection laws are being adhered to and all documents comply with Legal standards.
- Communicating efficiently with outside agencies.
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence as advised by your manager.
A minimum of 2 years probate experience is essential along with advanced IT skills particularly with MS Office and good command of the English language along with
- Positive attitude towards change
- Organisation skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritising and managing processes is essential
- Competent written and spoken communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of companywide operational procedures
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
How to apply for the Experienced Probate Paralegal role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Probate Paralegal job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.