- £28,000 - £35,000 Depending on Experience
- Closing date:
Are you an experienced CAD Designer seeking a leading engineering company who will heavily invest in training and development for you?
£28,000 - £35,000 Depending On Experience
MG Engineering has been providing first class professional engineering services since 1992. It focuses specifically on mechanical maintenance, steelwork, fabrication projects, and piping installations. We hold a variety of contracts with high profile clients across the manufacturing, food & beverage, building and chemical processing sectors both in the UK and Overseas.
As a CAD Designer, you will be responsible for producing detailed drawings (assembly & construction drawings) from initial site surveys and sketches.
The CAD Designer’s other core duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Updating existing drawings/producing as built using AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Liaising with workshop floor.
- Complying with engineering codes and standards.
- Providing project design support to Project Managers and clients and assisting in site surveys.
The successful CAD Designer will benefit from training and development opportunities, joining a highly skilled team who ensure work is delivered to the highest standard.
Experience in AutoCAD 2D is essential for this role.
In addition, the CAD Designer will possess the following key skills and experience:
- 3D modelling using Inventor or Solidworks would (advantageous)
- Minimum Mechanical HNC/HND qualification or higher
- Minimum of 1-2 years industry experience in metal fabrication, sheet metal, pipe work, steel work and bespoke machinery
- Knowledge of 2D drawings and working to ISO 9001 standards
- Comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic manufacturing environment
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic that will fit into the team
- Effective communication skills across all levels
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, are interested in the CAD Designer role, and want to work in a thriving and forward-thinking business, please click apply today and watch out for an email which enables you to tailor your application and ensure your application is considered.