- £8.91 per hour
- Closing date:
Winners of the EIC Award for Innovation, our client has been at the forefront of emergency safety shower, eye/face wash and decontamination equipment manufacturing for 50 years.
Packer / Warehouse Operative
£17,375 per annum
Full time, permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a well-established award-winning Engineering and Manufacturing company based in the Stockport area. The company is seeking a Packer to work in the warehouse and join a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.
Previous Packing Experience in a fast-moving packing team is required
- Carry out work effectively, safely and in accordance with work instructions.
- Identify and bring to the attention to management any technical issues arising in the packing process
- Monitor the working environment to ensure that company and statutory hygiene and safety policies and regulations are complied with and to provide a safe and healthy working environment
- Maintain all necessary packing records.
- Handle inventory with care and attention to detail.
- Assemble components and products to detailed specifications
- Constantly monitor output to ensure that it is of the standard required, rejecting any that does not meet the standard.
- Ensure product orders are packed and moved carefully
- Manual handling
- FLT driving
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organised work space
- Completely flexible, prepared to work anywhere within the factory
- Prepared to undergo training as necessary
Technical Skills Required for the Packer Job
- FLT license
- Computer literate
- Working with indoor cranes desirable not essential
- Basic wood work skills, making pallets suitable for transport where required
Soft Skills Required for the Packer Job
- Honest, humble and hungry
- Always does the right thing for Company, Customer and Community
- Data driven who openly challenges
- Practical risk taker, acknowledges failure and doesn’t repeat mistakes
- Celebrates success
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the business
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Good timekeeping and attendance record
- Neat and tidy appearance
- A good basic education
- An ability to work without close supervision
- Thorough knowledge of packaging process
- Thorough knowledge of company and its product
Interested in this Packer job?
Just click “apply” for your new career!
Watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK